These are the rules governing all contests aired on WNGZ and on the wngz.com website. In the following rules, "WNGZ" means Community Broadcasters, LLC, which owns WNGZ radio:
1. Some WNGZ contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values, and these rules will be aired on WNGZ during said contest. Only one winner per household is permitted per contest in a 45 day period. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
2. Anytime you call the WNGZ studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
3. Contestants agree, that their voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or Internet purposes.
4. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. WNGZ reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
5. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the WNGZ studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent an IRS form 1099 if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
6. All WNGZ contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over unless otherwise noted. Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to WNGZ that will be presented to WNGZ and accepted before the prize is awarded.
7. Winners will be expected to claim prize at the WNGZ studios unless otherwise noted, between 8:30am - 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date on prize which will be specifically stated.
8. Employees and Interns of WNGZ Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, interns, employees and immediate families or significant others of each, and employees or interns of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the WNGZ main studio are not eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the employee or intern and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee or intern is current legal guardian.
9. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
10. WNGZ reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
11. WNGZand Community Broadcasters, LLC, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
12. WNGZreserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) should events beyond WNGZ’s control warrant.
13. WNGZ reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judge’s decision is always final.
14. WNGZshall not be held liable for any technical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions.
15. Regarding WNGZ’s on-line contests, all fields must be completed and rules published for, for them on-line must be followed for eligibility to win.
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of WNGZ, as defined at the exclusive discretion of WNKI management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not WNGZ's responsibility.
16. A copy of these rules are also available during business hours at the WNGZ studios.